La Collectiz!: The School
Sunday, January 5 – Friday, January 17
CCA – Center for Contemporary Art Tel Aviv is pleased to present the second iteration of “The School,” a program established in 2018 and open for creative individuals from the fields of dance and visual art.
Led by La Collectiz!’s founders Ido Feder and Lilach Livne, “The School” features, alongside Feder and Livne, contributions by dancers, choreographers and La Collectiz!’s members Ariel Cohen, Shira Eviatar and Bosmat Nossan. Through several educational components – workshops, experiences, events, viewing and creation processes, individual training and discourse events – “The School” focuses on nurturing contemporary, creative, courageous, curious, and up-to-date dancers and artists, both as individuals and as part of a group.
For this second iteration, “The School” will continue its modus operandi and its unique format, mixing activities open only to the participants with activities open also to the general audience, which is invited to visit, join and learn, according to the following schedule:
- Sunday, January 5 – 10 am to 5:30 pm – Michal Samama / projection / individual work
- Monday, January 6 – 10 am to 3 pm – projection / individual work
- Wednesday, January 8 – 10 am to 5:30 pm – Shira Eviatar / projection / individual work
- Thursday, January 9 – 10 am to 4:30 pm – Michal Samama / Shira Eviatar / projection
- Friday, January 10 – 10 am to 2 pm – presentations / artistic guidance
- Sunday, January 12 – 10 am to 5:30 pm – Michal Samama / projection / individual work
- Monday, January 13 – 10 am to 3 pm – projection / individual work
- Wednesday, January 15 – 10 am to 5:30 pm – Shira Eviatar / projection / individual work
- Thursday, January 16 – 10 am to 6 pm – Michal Samama / Shira Eviatar / projection
- Friday, January 17 – 10 am to 2 pm – presentations / artistic guidance
For visits, outside CCA Tel Aviv’s opening hours, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For this second iteration, the goals of “The School” are two: a. to develop physical exercises that characterize the dance and performance methods of artists Shira Eviatar and Michal Samama; b. to carry an investigation – which will culminate in a presentation – into the work of Xavier Le Roy, Meg Stuart, Ann Liv Young, Boris Charmatz, La Ribot, Ivo Dimchev, Tino Sehgal and Jonathan Burrows, who are considered influential figures, each one in his / her own way,within the fields of performance, dance, contemporary choreography and visual art
La Collectiz! group of dancers and choreographers is interested in redefining the alphabet of contemporary dance and its current cross-pollination with the field of contemporary art
Image: The participants of “The School” out of Lilly Pfalzer’s workshop, December 2019. Photo: Roni Rahamim.